Before kids, New Year's Eve probably meant getting dressed up for a fancy night downtown with friends or even trips to other cities to celebrate. Now that you have kids, those things still may happen, but there is also a good chance that you need some family-friendly ways to celebrate. And that's where I come in. I am here to share some fabulous ways to celebrate the New Year with your children and create some magical memories.
1. Start by making these countdown clocks using paper plates. Have your children move the clock hands each hour.
2. Get dressed up....the more sparkle the better! Its time to feel fancy! Break out the dresses and "nice" shoes and strike a pose.
3. Make noisemakers. I like this cute one from Crafts-For-All-Seasons.
4. Make a festive snack. Fondue is always a good choice, right?! Melt some chocolate and let the kids dip fruit, marshmallows, and cookies in it. This recipe looks yummy!
5. Give your kids a fun drink. Break out the plastic cocktail glasses and make them feel fancy! I love these ideas.
5. Give your kids a New Years Bath. I love this idea!! Fill up the bath with colored water, balloons, glitter, shaving cream, etc and let the kids have a ball!
6. This idea of monthly memory cards is so fun!
7. Make party hats
8. Record the year and make resolutions for next year. I love this printable from Thirty Handmade Days blog.
9. Have a ballon drop
10. Make a New Years Tree!! I am in LOVE with this idea!!!
And finally, if you do have plans for the night but still want to celebrate or if you think your kids won't make it until midnight, you can celebrate New Years at noon!